Strategic Initiatives - Internal Business Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Strategic Initiative team at Allstate Benefits is responsible for supporting initiatives that stragecically align with the B2B partnership.
The Strategic Initiative consultant will provide coordination and support, assisting in all aspects of project management and analysis. This includes assisting with communications, following-up on issues and actions, and tracking multiple project components such as budget, work plan, risks/issues. The consultant should have strong business acumen in order to serve as the key liaison between operations and other functional areas.
- Support current and forthcoming strategic initiative projects.
- Collaborate with Business Sponsor, IT Project Manager and other key stakeholders to outline the projects key milestones, scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budgets and deadlines; maintain overall project plan.
- Work closely with Business Sponsor, IT Project Manager and other key stakeholders to maintain roadmaps and establish priorities.
- Conduct status meetings to understand and minimize impediments.
- Resolve issues quickly and escalate them quickly to management as needed.
- Plan low complexity efforts or pursuits with limited supervision, as well as, execute on initiatives of higher complexity with cross-departmental partners.
- Track assignments and utilization for projects and report as appropriate.
- Collect and analyze project or program metrics in coordination, as appropriate, with the business areas and/or stakeholders.
- Help track and document completion of work plan activities.
- Conduct research and analysis related to understanding and documenting key issues and risks.
- Escalate concerns or risks, as appropriate with limited supervision, to direct leaders.
- Monitor and track project budgets.
- Craft and deliver desired/required communications and review them with appropriate stakeholders for projects of low complexity with limited supervision.
- Develop positive relationships and share information with project or pursuit members and interfacing teams.
- Work with Leadership to develop and leverage appropriate technical, functional or business knowledge to support the successful development of business partner / user solutions.
- Work with Leadership to set goals and objectives for higher complexity strategic projects.
- Set goals and objectives for lower complexity strategic projects with little help from management.
- Bachelor degree required
- 8-10 years of experience managing projects and/or leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with Agile methodology is preferred.
- Experience in Allstate Benefits Operations/Distribution Teams is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) to include Visio and Project.
- Ability to prioritize activities as well as those of delivery teams
- Understanding of documenting business objectives, expectations and deliverables
- Solid diplomacy, business acumen and relationship skills
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to make presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Insurance and/or Financial Industry experience is a plus
- Some travel may be required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.