ITIL Proactive Services Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance, we are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day
Allstate Benefits Technology Base Organization is seeking an ITIL Proactive Services Manager to lead a team to implement ITIL best practices specifically in the Problem Management, Performance Management, Availability Management, and Application Governance spaces.
The ITIL Proactive Services Manager is responsible for implementing processes and procedures that align to ITIL best practices. Utilizing a variety of data, the ITIL Proactive Services Manager will prioritize initiatives based on scope, trends, and impact. A variety of reports and presentations will be created to illustrate growth within this organization and the value it provides to our customers, business units, and IT partners
- Leads a team of analysts and developers to mature specific services within the ITIL space
- Identifies opportunities to reduce IT support and operational costs through a variety of implementations and processes
- Collaborates across all IT departments to create the best solution
- Holds the team accountable for driving results
- Work with the Base Leadership team to create comprehensive Application Governance
- Schedule knowledge transfer among the team members to reduce key person risk
- Mature proactive monitoring and application availability
Bachelors' degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years as a team lead or manager in the Problem, Availability, or Performance Management space
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs, KCIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet the goals of the business and IT leaders
- Ability to be self-directed, to proactively anticipate problems, and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a mixed Waterfall and Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Analytical critical thinking and solutioning for complex application problems
- Strong communication and presentation to all levels are required
- Splunk, ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, SDLC, application development, ITIL Certification
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.