IT Quality Assurance Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance, we are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day
Allstate Benefits Technology Quality Assurance Organization is seeking a strong Quality Assurance resource to manual testing of web based applications and associated backend integrated systems.
Quality Assurance incorporates quality principles and processes into the creation of IT products, applications, and systems. Quality Assurance develops the test framework, prepares test use cases and prepares test data to ensure compliance with quality standards and business requirements. The Analyst is expected to play an active role in the discussion of business requirements and bring issues such as workflow, consistency, and usability to the forefront of the discussion to guide the design to a comprehensive solution. This position will work closely with product stakeholders, developers and business analysts.
- Collaborates with different areas to comprehensive test strategy
- Evaluate business requirements and acceptance criteria for completeness, consistency, clarity, relevance
- Estimation of small work items with short test cycles against capacity
- Participates in analysis and design sessions to create test scenarios for input into test deliverables, and tie back to requirements
- Builds test plans to ensure that integration points function as required and designed
- Performs data analysis of executed test plans across the end to end solution to ensure data integrity
- Provide comprehensive documentation and update tickets effectively
Bachelors' degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years Software Manual/Automation Testing Experience
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your numbers
- Ability to be self-directed, to proactively anticipate problems, and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a mixed Waterfall and Agile environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree or comparative professional experience in quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Health and/or Life Insurance background
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.