Application Developer Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of employee benefits, committed to delivering superior products and services with cutting-edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration.
The Application Developer Lead Consultant provides code/design analysis and strategy, supports project planning, and develops code and designs for complex projects. The Lead Consultant manages the review of code, design, and testing for Band B and C Application Developers and peers. The Lead Consultant serves as a technical expert which coaches and mentors Application developer specialists and professionals.
This position is on the IT V3 team which is responsible for supporting several business-critical applications for day to day operations and large strategic projects. These vital applications include account implementation tools, the billing and collecting system for all of Allstate Benefits accounts and policies, and billing self-service portals as well as the companys business process workflow tools. Some of these applications are vended products that allow for client specific code. This role will require close effective partnership with vender development teams as well as Allstate Benefits IT and Business teams. This role is responsible for ensuring streamlined development occurs on the applications and avoiding code contention issues across the teams inflight work.
- Strong understanding of Java/Oracle with good understanding of microservices architecture
- Well versed with design such as OOP, Resiliency, Circuit Breaker Develop and consume APIs using HTTP/Rest
- Critique business, functional, and high level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit)
- Evaluate detailed technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Promote and define development standards
- Assist with project estimating and milestone planning
- Designs solutions for high-complexity projects
- Perform coding of complex modules, as needed
Technical and Professional Expertise - Required
- At least 5 years of experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, REST Standards, Spark, Python, Git;
- At least 5 years of Agile (one or more of these) JIRA, Confluence, Slack;
- At least 5 years supporting full lifecycle delivery of complex systems, including requirements, design, build, test, and deployment;
- At least 5 years implementing standards for system design and development processes, methods, and tools;
- At least 3 years participating on Agile teams, including practice of Pair Programming and Test Driven Development; and
- At least 3 years working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes and tool automation (one or more of these) Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Maven, Octopus.
Technical and Professional Expertise - Preferred
- ASP.Net web development experience using OOP with C# and SQL server
- Computer Science Engineering Degree or related field
- Experience working with Vitech systems
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.