Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is the 2nd largest insurance provider of voluntary workplace benefits in the United States. As a leading provider of supplemental insurance, we're committed to delivering superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than three million employees, we uphold the Good Hands promise every day.
Allstates strategy continues to put a growing focus on data and technology as we continue our digital transformation journey. This has created numerous opportunities in the technology organization to find work that is meaningful to you. Were building innovative products here, in our own labs.
Allstate Benefits Product Solutions is responsible for delivering new functionality to enable business capability. We are seeking a resource to oversee automation to support multiple technologies and vended applications. We are looking for a tech savvy individual who has a broad range of knowledge and experience of technologies and can quickly adapt to others.
This role will be responsible for the roadmap, implementation, and support of the automated solutions to manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and environment support activities for Allstate Benefits. We are looking to implement full DevOps within our development community as well and full automation support for our vended applications.
The primary responsibility of this role is to plan and manage efforts to support DevOps for multiple platforms and implement full automation for infrastructure and vended application support. The system analyst utilizes proven systems, scripting, developer, and DevOps skills to execute complex tasks related to code, software delivery as well as system monitoring and recovery.
We will be building systems to automate and orchestrate across version control systems, continuous integration servers, continuous delivery, monitoring, collaboration, and documentation tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and manage an automation roadmap for the Allstate Benefits application stack.
- Serve as the key contact for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps.
- Stay current with all application upgrades and enhancements.
- Work with technical teams to identify & resolve issues, install and test upgrades and customizations.
- Provide lead support and automated solutions for Allstate Benefits technologies including consulting, configuring, deploying, monitoring, and self-healing/recovery for applications.
- Coordinate with technical teams to provide application training/education, and documentation
- Take proactive steps to improve performance.
- Learn and employ industry leading Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) patterns and collaboratively work with other members to execute them.
- Investigates, evaluates, recommends and implements new technology to meet requirements of state-of-the-art systems and projects.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with software like Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with MS Build or Maven
- Experience with the following tools: Splunk, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience working with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Jira.
- 3+ years of demonstrated programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java, C# or equivalent.
- 3+ years of technical experience in either development, operations, or full-stack implementations.
- Proficient with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery practices
- Knowledge of software development best practices including SDLC, Agile, Scrum, XP.
- Experience with Selenium
- Knowledge of Cloud Foundry (Cloud solutions).
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.