Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis assists in meeting the goals and objectives of the FP&A function within Crawford & Company.Responsibilities
- Provides financial analysis support to executive and operational management to assist in the business decision making process.
- Performs month-end review and analysis of financial results during the monthly accounting close process whereby comparisons are made to planned and historical results, and corrections and/or suggested accrual adjustments are communicated to the Crawford Finance department.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes various management monthly financial reports including the Executive Package, Client Revenue Reporting, and Others.
- Consults with executives and operational management on financial performance issues including the identification of positive and/or negative performance trends and the formulation of plans of action when needed.
- Provides support to management before, during, and after the annual budget process including answering Company financial policy related questions, estimating revenue and/or expenses, verifying accuracy, and validating assumptions.
- Constructs and manages the financial model utilized in conjunction with the Crawford strategic planning and budgeting processes.
- Estimates certain financial reserves assuring the Company is sufficiently provisioned for expected liabilities consistent with GAAP.
- Acts as liaison between management and the Crawford Finance department including the interpretation of financial results and/or policies, and the investigation of extraordinary or unusual activity within monthly financial results.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may be asked to participate in special projects.
- Leads the development and implementation of improved consistent metrics/dashboard reporting using Financial and non-Financial analytics including forward-looking information and drivers
- Drives economic value creation through the identification and leveraging of profitability drivers
- Proactively identifies and manages risks and opportunities
- Requires MBA degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years of corporate financial planning, budgeting, and strategic planning. Financial Planning & Analysis background in the insurance/financial service industry is preferred.
- Strong modeling capability to lead the development and implementation of improved consistent metrics/dashboard reporting using Financial and non-Financial analytics including forward-looking information and drivers
- Formulate and track key activities that impact financial performance and support the growth in the businesses
- Confidence and the ability to work with Business management to develop specific action plans to deal with performance gaps
- Business acumen to proactively identify and manage risks and opportunities
- Drive economic value creation through the identification and leveraging of profitability drivers
- Build relationships with Business management in order to develop most likely forecasts/budgets and get timely information on changes to levers
- Clear communication skills
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.