Part Time Janitorial Supervisor - Jacksonville Downtown
Starting a Career with USSI:
For over 103 years, USSI has continued to fill the vacuum in contract cleaning.
The story of USSI is the story of every American dream. In 1912, Charles Herschel, a European immigrant, founded the United States Window Cleaning Company. Today, USSI is a full-service janitorial company cleaning over 30 million square feet across 600 locations each day.
As one of the largest privately-held cleaning contractors in the region, USSI continues its tradition of delivering superior customer service in every building, every day.
We lead our industry with integrity, commitment and reliability, while focusing on doing the right things in the right way, to make a significant difference for our employees and our customers!
Position and Location Details:
Morning and Evening shifts available.
Up to 35 hours per week dependent upon demand.
Skills to succeed:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to manage labor and supplies within established budgets.
- Emptying trash containers and replacing liners when necessary.
- Dusting all horizontal surfaces with duster.
- Vacuuming each area, moving chairs and waste cans as necessary leave a pattern where necessary. In addition the incumbent should vacuum crumbs, ashes, and/or attend to other spills on furniture.
- Sweeping and mop all floors.
- Restroom cleaning to include refilling of all restroom dispensers such as tissue, towels, soap and seat covers. Along with the cleaning and disinfecting of all fixtures and polishing all bright work.
- Spot cleaning of doors and walls as necessary.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of breakroom/kitchen areas.
- Spot cleaning carpets as necessary to remove staining.
- Glass cleaning
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Experience or Non Experience candidates – willing to train
- Must have transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
- Past managerial experience a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 50 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Compensation for travel time
Opportunity for growth and advancement
Accidental, Hospitalization, and Life Insurance available
Salary: between $9.00-$12.00 per hour based on experience
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D