Customer Support Service Team Lead- Allstate Benefits
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
AB Customer Support Services provides best in class support to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice.
The Customer Support Services Team Leader I is a front-line team manager, responsible for managing and developing the Policyholder Services & Change Unit. Policyholder Services & Change Unit handles the processing of policy change requests, correspondence, reinstatements. Management oversight would also include the Financial Unit. This team provides best in class policyholder support services through activities including, but not limited to the processing of cash disbursements, policy loans, reinstatements, policy changes (coverage changes, owner, beneficiary, HIPAA), and responding to policyholder written inquiries.
- Team oversight, including the day-to-day application of organizational policies and procedures
- Assigns/establishes job duties and responsibilities
- Oversee Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Provides workflow management, quality review, coaching, and mentoring to achieve optimal effectiveness
- Monitors performance of staff members and encourages career growth within the department
- Team management activities, including: hiring, performance management and documentation, job profile maintenance, merit planning and other related people-management tasks
- Oversees and effectively manages training activities through the design, deployment and maintenance of effective training documentation, toolkits and CSR aid materials; ensures materials are current and fulfill business requirements
- Analyzes individual and aggregate level performance data; identifies process improvement opportunities and interface with functional leadership to ensure attainment of key performance metrics
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to management team; performs trend analysis
- Provides accurate volume forecasting models at regular intervals based upon business momentum and reflect impact of anticipated volume fluctuations on staffing models to fully support the service level agreements
- Administers and communicates compliance and regulatory changes; manages annual tax reporting for annuity and life products; provides analysis and thought leadership around cost optimization
- Responds to DOI complaints that are related to service/policy benefits
- Participates in the development, maintenance and deployment of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- 3 to 5 years of customer service experience specifically in the voluntary health and life insurance industry
- Knowledge of tax reporting requirements for life and annuity products
- At least 3 years of supervisory/team leader experience
- Must have excellent customer service, verbal/written communication, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Microsoft knowledge and strong computer skills are required
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field is preferred
- Operational/administrative experience with AWD (Automated Workflow Distribution) and Life 70 preferred
- Extensive knowledge of AB products preferred
Level Guide: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.