National Account Billing & Account Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Regional Billing & Account Services team at Allstate Benefits provides support and services for employers, brokers and regional offices for processes related to billing, payments, and account management.
The Team Lead functions as the department Manager and directs the daily workflow of this team within the National Billing department. This position also manages the relationships with employer groups, brokers and customers.
- Oversees and observes the performance of the team; determines measurements and gaps for key Performance Indicators
- Leads team of exempt and non-exempt team members to establish positive working relationships and coordinate resolutions with internal and external partners
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Hold consistent checkpoint meetings and execute performance documents
- Subject Matter Expert to internal and external customers; resolution of escalation situations
- Determine appropriate issues to escalate to senior management
- Continuously build skills and knowledge by receiving coaching and feedback and participate in ongoing training
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and cost saving opportunities; executing key initiatives
- Oversee quality control of process for premium refunds
- 3 years of previous management experience required
- Allstate Benefits experience highly preferred; 3 years of Life & Health or Voluntary Benefits insurance experience required
- Demonstrate competency in management functions
- Strategic thinker, who creates and executes process improvements
- Ability to lead, coach and develop team members
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel; intermediate knowledge of Word required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to align team performance for customer focus and success
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Leveraging Diversity and Conflict Management skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.