Automotive Risk Management/Analyst
Assurant has a great opportunity for a Automotive Risk Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL!!
The Risk Analyst is responsible for reviewing internal account records, reports, trends, and adjuster records to determine the source of negative account/client profitability and devises solutions aimed at improving profits. Provides account findings to Upper Management, Director of Operations, as well as Account Executives and Strategic Performance Managers. Establishes needed tools, informative procedures, and methods. These ensure that unwanted trends, habits, and system barriers are eliminated in a timely manner. Reports to Risk Manager
Primary Responsibilities 60%
- Account Monitoring:
- Monthly monitor of account trends via dashboards and loss trend reports
- Claim/Production Reviews:
- In-depth review of accounts trending negatively
- Action Planning:
- Providing solutions to assist accounts in reversing unfavorable trends
- Ad Hoc Reports:
- Creating customized reports for internal and external clients
- Claims Adjudication:
- Monitoring of Assurant VSC claims team. Includes quarterly adjuster reviews and continued monitoring. Report up to claims management team
- Onsite Reviews:
- Travel to TPAs to perform risk reviews and provide solutions aimed at improving adjudication processes
- Conduct audits on examiners and accounts with claims authority to ensure accuracy and compliance with established guidelines
- Periodically perform premium and cancellation testing
- Maintain communication of audits through timely written feedback
- Risk Calls:
- Monthly, Bi-Monthly, or Quarterly Risk calls with participating TPAs. Provides opportunity to review TPA account performance and to provide solutions aimed at reversing negative trends
- New Business Process:
- Review details of proposed new clients, enhancement of existing client programs, and requests for loans from clients
- Provide written feedback to all proposals with 36 hours
- Contract Exceptions:
- Handle the decision-making process when a contract submitted does not meet eligibility guidelines and a request for an exception is requested
- Information Technology:
- Assist VSC business analysts with special projects related to VSC business
- Assist with client implementations by providing component and fail code mapping
- Product Development:
- Provide input with new products and auto classification guidelines
- Education: Bachelors degree, preferably in in Risk Management, Finance, Actuary, or Equivalent Work experience.
- Previous Experience: Minimum 3 years of recent professional automotive and contract review experience in the position or similar activity outside the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point as a base with a capacity to learn Microsoft SQL Server and other query applications.
- Detailed expertise in automotive technology.
- Presentation skills.
- Current knowledge in all the duties related to automotive services repair.
- Knowledge of query formulas and applications and intermediate proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to recognize and recommend areas needing improvement to reduce risk.
- Management experience which inspires proper business etiquette.