Claims Training Manager
Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Claim’s Training, Manager who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards. We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidate will have overall responsibility for all aspects of Claim’s department training. Specific responsibilities include developing and implementing a Claims Trainee program, creating training programs for existing employees based upon needs assessments, and working with claim managers to ensure ongoing staff development and improvement.
- Modify established training materials to suit the needs of the learners.
- Stay abreast of changes that affect claims processing training.
- Obtain Continuing Education certification of all training courses where allowed.
- Monitor and coordinate the compliance of CE requirements for the department
- Interact with Claims Managers to facilitate staff development and ensure continual performance improvements.
- Help to establish training and development plans for all new hires, and monitor their progress.
- Coordinate with other department staff or external resources to conduct training on specific subject matters.
- Assists in the development of current staff by providing ongoing training as needed
- Develop and maintain a learning management system to track employee training progress.
- Review claim files, re-inspection reports and survey results to identify needs assessments and training opportunities
- Evaluate materials, conduct needs analysis, and manage the performance of classroom participants towards expectations of their jobs.
- Coordinate employee testing to measure training program effectiveness.
- Develop an avenue of feedback for evaluate the training process.
- Assist other departments/divisions with training needs where required.
- Other duties that may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) to ten (10) years of claims handling experience with some supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience developing and delivering training programs required. Work or delivery of distance learning programs preferred.
- Capability to create a claims training program from concept to delivery
- Execute all aspects of instruction design (Assessment, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation) when developing training programs.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with and teach large groups is essential, as is the capacity to conduct one-on-one training.
- Requires strong collaborative skills to achieve common goals in the claims department.
- Extensive knowledge of basic software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Visio) necessary. Experience with, Snagit, Camtasia Studio, Max-It, Cornerstone or similar software helpful.
- Knowledge of integrating online course work within a Learning Management System helpful.
- Knowledge of Symbility and/or Xactimate helpful.
- Thorough knowledge of claims processing, products and procedures.
- Advanced training courses as outlined in the extended training catalogue and currently pursuing insurance designation, and/or optional successful completion of a company sponsored insurance designation.
Responsibilities may include direct supervision of a team within the Claims Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- High level of personal accountability
- Ability to collaborate
- Attention to detail
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.