Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Center
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. We value your expertise and invite you to join our team as a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Health Center. A RN provides direct nursing care to residents in our Rapid Recovery Unit or Skilled Nursing and supervises day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
Essential Job Functions:
1) Assist in planning resident care by following physician orders
2) Implement resident care based on physician orders
3) Evaluate care and communicate with doctors for updates of orders
4) Administer medication, IV's, give shots, update patient records, provide emotional support, patient education, basic diagnostics, and other patient procedures for residents
5) Receive and transcribe orders from attending physicians
6) Monitor blood glucose, temperature, and blood pressure when necessary
7) Respond to all emergencies
8) Schedule doctor's appoiintments and coordinate transportation for the residents. Includes scheduling labs and transcribing lab results
9) Supervise CNA's and LPN's as Charge Nurse - ensure they are providing resident care based on physician orders and defined care plans.
Education: Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse.
Must be CPR Certified.
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
One year of long term care desirable. Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful, experience working with the elderly, handicapped or developmentally disabled adults preferred. Will train on-the- job in lieu of above experience.Qualifications
Licenses & Certifications