Charge Nurse Weekends
Westminster Oaks is seeking a RN/LPN Unit Manager to be responsible for total nursing care and shift leadership of an assigned unit as well as resident care as directed in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
Responsible for total nursing care and shift leadership of an assigned unit as well as resident care as directed, in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Manager the staff of the assigned unit. Assist the ADON by providing daily supervision (establishing priorities and job assignments) to the nurses on your unit.
- Ensure that staff members are following the established standards, protocols, rules and regulations in accordance with state and federal standards.
- Communicate with residents, family members, POA, MDs, staff members and inter-disciplinary teams through notification of changes in dietary care and pharmacy recommendations, MD rounds, care plans and conferences.
- Enter admission order; review MD orders on a daily basis.
- Ensure continuity of quality care through staff communication; ensure staff members are attending required in-services in order to maintain certifications and provide a high level of care.
- Monitor associate relations to ensure that practices maintain high morale and staff retention through effective communication, prompt problem resolultion, positive supervisory practices and a positive work environment.
- Assist with coordinating resident room changes and maintenance of rooms.
- Manage the medication carts, pass medication as needed and provide required treatment based on doctors orders.
- Update and maintain the following: Incident Logs, Infection Control Logs, weekly Medicare documentation, weekly/monthly weights and annul PPDs.
- Accompany attending physician when making resident rounds.
- Participate in on-call duties based on the established on-call rotation.
EOE/DFWP - We honor those who serve.Qualifications
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Associate Degree or better in Nursing RN.
Must be an LPN or RN in the State of Florida.Must have a minimum of five-years experience as a licensed nurse in a long termcare setting.Strong leadership supervisory ability a must.Group management experience helpful.Must be
Licenses & Certifications
CPR Certified RN