PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Assisted Living
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. Our employees work with excellence and serve with heart. We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Assisted Living for shifts 3PM - 11PM and 11PM to 7AM. This position provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards that govern our facility. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and it's communities.
1. Assist with the evaluation of residents needs.
2. Assist with planning resident care based on MD orders.
3. Implement resident care based on MD orders. Evaluate care and communicate with MD for updates of orders (PRN).
4. Ensure that residents receive their medicine at the prescribed time by the MD order.
5. Monitor blood glucose, temperature and blood pressure.
6. Assist residents with Daily Living Activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transfer, ambulation, toileting and other resident needs.
7. Ensure that CNAs are following MD Orders.
Education: Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse; Must be CPR Certified
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
One year of long term care desirable. Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful. Also experience working with the handicapped or developmentally disabled adults.Qualifications
Licenses & Certifications