Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. Our employees work with excellence and serve with heart. We are currently seeking a full-time Laundry Aide. The job duties for this position are launders, dries, folds, irons and delivers personal and/or community laundry for residents as assigned. Tends the laundering machines. Launders articles such as rags, wiping cloths, mop heads, etc. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Schedules pickup and delivery of resident laundry or linen
- Labels all residents items in the laundry area.
- Observes infection control principles in the work area, including proper labeling of all chemicals used in the work area.
- Cleans, maintains and manages the protectors used by residents at the dining areas. Protectors must be available for use during the next meal period.
- Operates the washing machines and dryers in a safe manner.
- Sorts, folds and delivers dried articles according to resident name and room number.
- Performs ironing, folding, mopping and cleaning functions on a regular basis.
The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in the description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Qualifications
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications