Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. Our employees work with excellence and serve with heart. We value your culinary skills and invite you to join our team as a full time Chef. The Chef assists the Dining Services Director in the planning, coordinating and implementation of the quality dining program for residents, staff and guests. Oversees the culinary component, HAACP program and Sanitation program of the dining program in all of the food production and service areas within the community. Provides support in assigned areas during the absence of the Dining Services Director. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities.
1. Manage the entire operations of the kitchen(s).
2. Oversee the purchase of food, food supplies and equipment. Adheres to specific budget objectives.
3. Supervise meal preparation, presentation and quality by following accurate reproduction of recipes by cooks and prep staff.
4. Perform food inventory and/or place orders as required.
5. Ensures that training, safety and discipline standards are met.
6. Responsible for kitchen staff compliance with sanitation and food safety standards.
7. Monitor the proper operation of the kitchen equipment and report any equipment failures to the Director of Dining.
Education: 2-Year Accredited Culinary Degree or College Degree in related subject required; Specialized certification/degree at an approved culinary school; and 6 years similar experience in a high volume, hospitality oriented and customer service focused environment.
Serv Safe certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days from date of hire.
Experience: Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office. Proficiency with data-base types of menu systems for menu forecasting, menu building and recipe creation. Supervisory Leadership.
Requirements: Ability to hold effective meetings. Ability to learn computer programs as defined by Westminster Communities of Florida. Ability to work as a member of the dining services management team.
Physical Requirement: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.Qualifications
Licenses & Certifications