Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. We value your culinary expertise and invite you to join our team as a full-time Sous Chef. This position assists the Chef or Dining Services Director in the planning, coordinating and implementation of the quality dining program for residents, staff and guests. The Sous Chef also oversees the culinary component, HAACP program and Sanitation program of the dining program in all of the food production and service areas within the community. Provides support in assigned areas during the absence of the Chef or Dining Services Director. EOE/DFWP - "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities.
1. Manage the kitchen operations in the absence of the Chef.
2. Supervise all activities in the kitchen(s).
3. Assist the Chef with daily food preparation and production by following standardized recipes.
4. Ensure recipe compliance, proper record keeping and food quality.
5. Assist in the preparation of soups, sauces and gravies.
6. Responsible for kitchen staff compliance with sanitation and food safety standards.
7. Monitor the proper operation of the kitchen equipment and report any equipment failures to the Chef or Dining Services Director.
2-Year Accredited Culinary Degree or College Degree in a related subject required; Specialized certification/degree at an approved culinary school; and 3 years similar experience in a high volume, hospitality oriented and customer service focused environment.
Serv Safe certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with data-base types of menu systems for menu forecasting, menu building and recipe creation
- Supervisory Leadership
- Ability to hold effective meetings
- Ability to complete a Certified Dietary Managers Qualification within specified time frame
- Ability to learn computer programs as defined by Westminster Communities of Florida
- Ability to work as a member of the dining services management team
Licenses & Certifications