Westminster Communities of Florida, located in the beautiful World Golf Village area of North St. Johns County, is currently seeking a Part-Time Shift Dishwasher to join our Dining Services Department.The incumbent in this position will perform a variety of duties including pot and pan washing, dish washing, trash removal, deep cleaning of surfaces and equipment, use of chemicals, recycling. Performs food transportation tasks.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Communities.
- Maintain cleanliness of all dishes, glassware, flatware and cooking pots & pans. Assist cooks with pot washing.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen stations and surfaces including trash removal.
- Maintain temperature and sanitation logs to comply with established standards, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Restock shelves for meal service of all wares.
- Assist with stocking shelves at the inventory room and assist with unloading delivery trucks as needed.
- Assist with other kitchen duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent desirable or eligibility to attain equivalent. (Students working towards a High School Diploma are eligible for this position)
- 6 months or more experience in a high volume dining environment.
- Understanding of basic sanitation practices including use of cleaning chemicals and personal protective equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Florida SafeStaff certification required or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire.
Licenses & Certifications