Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Analytics is responsible for aligning with and contributing to ADS growth and profitability objectives by providing expert actuarial guidance, influencing business strategies, executing flawlessly, and rigorously defending our work.
The Actuarial Analyst II is an entry level analytical position. The Analyst II supports pricing of personal or commercial insurance lines of business utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards and methodologies, and knowledge gained through on the job training. They work closely with their Analytics Manager and State/Line Manager to develop appropriate pricing and product strategies of low complexity to support business goals. Pursuing actuarial designation and has completed at least one actuarial exam.
- With direction, performs basic pricing functions used in determination of the indicated rate level need for a line of business
- With direction, applies established statistical concepts to develop demand and elasticity models for new and existing customers
- Uses best practices and traditional statistical/modeling techniques to develop and maintain rating models and other models as necessary
- Learns and makes observations of standard financial and actuarial formulae
- Provides observations on basic trend analysis (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial)
- Conducts appropriate analyses for projects and makes recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- With direction plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are low to moderate complexity and are small to moderate scale using accepted project management standards
- Completes project tasks as assigned
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables with assistance
- Tracks own plan performance and project timeline and communicates and presents project status
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- With direction, supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes, and products of low to moderate complexity
- Assists in the development of communication plans, solicits inputs from stakeholders
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/ products to regions/field
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Learns standard market specific implications of business strategies
- Learns and adheres to proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- Learns and adheres to the internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Bachelors degree required preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- Actuarial internship preferred
- 0-2 years of experience and standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Has an understanding of current industry and professional standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Possesses working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.