Product Development Manager - Allstate Dealer Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ADS Product Management team is responsible for the design, development and execution of new and existing F&I (Finance & Insurance) products, services or business models (i.e., financial structures) that drive growth, improve the customer experience, and deliver an acceptable return on investment.
The Business Manager, TPA & B2B coordinates the design, development and implementation of the ADS Product offerings; supporting all or part of the product portfolio in the TPA & B2B channel. The position requires direct line management of Product Consultants, and Sr. Product Consultants. This role has direct responsibility for profitability of the product offering within the channel. In addition, the role is responsible for identifying offerings that compete with the ADS in this channel and design and implement enhancements to ADS offerings that provide the best value proposition for ADS clients.
New Program Development / Product Refreshes
- Coordinate with ADS Sales Leadership, Strategic or TPA client representatives regarding the product and service offerings
- Validate product offering concepts with channel clients
- Develop financial forecast including DWP, pre-tax operating income, NPV and RORC for client opportunities
- Coordinate development of product features and/or appropriate pricing for the product offering/opportunity
- Coordinate development and delivery of program training material for TPAs or strategic partners
- Develop and coordinate marketing plan in conjunction with the sales team and roll out new / revised programs to clients
- Manage team members in the delivery of the final products
Other Key Responsibilities
- Formulate product market positioning and pricing strategies
- Coordinate loss development reviews with Risk Management and implement pricing action by client as required to maintain acceptable profitability
- Manage product line operations and vendor relations
- Actively participate in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects and Areas of Responsibility (AORs)
- Builf strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Provide resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative initiatives
- Identify, develop and initiate innovations and solutions; work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
- Analyze decisions and actions to support the larger ADS strategic direction; work with management to resolve more complex problems
- Develop a comprehensive training and development plan to enhance consistency in Product Management delivery
- Coach, mentor and share information on a regular and as needed basis
- Provide employee development to ensure bench strength and participate in succession planning activities
- A bachelors degree in Business is required and a MBA is highly desired
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product development and management, preferably in F&I or insurance products/programs
- Record of progressively increasing responsibility with experience in supervising support staff or managing project teams
- Understanding of the implications, risks and benefits of alternatives, drawing conclusions, developing mitigation strategies and making recommendations for appropriate courses of action
- Ability to measure, analyze and communicate profitability by client and distribution channel
- Ability to analyze and implement product strategies that will generate incremental revenue and profitability
- Strong leadership, analytical, and project management skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.