Account Executive - Commercial Lines (St. Petersburg)
3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We are rated a Top Place to Work in Tampa Bay and stand proud of all of our successes while always staying humble. And by working in a completely solar-powered building, we know we are doing our part in helping the planet. Our core values "Integrity, Accountability, Success and Passion" guide all of our company decisions. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available, and our employees seek to turn every client into a "Raving Fan" by providing superior customer service.
The successful candidate will provide client service assistance and support to specified producers and their commercial clients by telephone and E-mail. Provide ongoing support to clients in person including on-site visits to the client Assist with both new client presentations and renewals by performing the following duties:
- General Duties
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Ability to field telephone inquiries from clients about their current coverage and insurance contracts as well as general questions about insurance.
- Assist in the resolution of claims issues with carriers.
- Provide ongoing, in-person consulting with assigned clients to maximize our retention of accounts. This may entail coordinating service issues with the account service manager assigned to the account and, if needed, assisting personally with the resolution of complex service and billing issues Follow established departmental and agency processes and procedures, tracking activities, client history, and communication with client and documenting them in agency system.
- When requested, monitor specified producer email inbox so general and time-sensitive client service requests can be handled while they are out of the office.
- Assist CSMs with technical coverage and contract reviews.
- Renewal Clients
- Ability to work with producer to determine client's needs at renewal and then coordinate the data collection and proposal preparation of appropriate proposals from insurance carriers to meet those needs within a specified timeline.
- Work with producers on renewals and coordinate internal functions so that the producer receives all necessary renewal information and proposals on a timely basis.
- Lead the Renewal Timeline process, including:
- Assist producer and often times lead the marketing effort of commercial accounts to the carriers at renewal including gathering of the necessary data from the client, analysis of carrier proposals for suitability to the client's needs and negotiation of final rates and coverage with carriers and other vendors as appropriate.
- Work with marketing team or Client Service Manager to prepare renewal for submission to marketplace.
- Follow up marketing team/CSM and/or carriers to make sure that proposals are received on timely basis.
- Work with marketing team/CSM to review for accuracy the quotes and proposal to client. Where necessary, compare and illustrate coverage options for internal or external presentation.
- Coordinate the preparation of renewal presentation package with internal staff and assist producer with the presentations of the renewal to major clients.
- Coordinate client renewals and provide other services as required so that producer can maximize time for new business production.
- New Business
- Provide analysis assistance to producer for new prospects related to W3 Advantage Services.
- Assist the producer and often times lead the marketing effort of commercial accounts to carriers, including gathering of the necessary data from the client, analysis of carrier proposals for suitability to the client's needs and negotiation of final rates and coverage with carriers and other vendors as appropriate.
- Coordinate the preparation of insurance proposal with internal staff and assist producer with the presentation to prospect/client.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree; 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Florida 220 Property & Casualty license.
- Insurance designation equivalent to AAI or CIC, preferred.
- Experience with Epic software, preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Regular travel required. Must carry a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: Commercial Lines Manager
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.