Supervisor - QA Estimate Review
7 days left
Reporting to and under direction of the Manager Estimate Review, this position supervises the Estimate Review Quality Assurance department, ensuring that department provides clients with consistent, timely and high quality estimates that meets industry and client specific estimating standards.
- Supervises all aspects of the assignment auditing process, including the rebuttal process and data collection of scorecard results.
- Supervises all aspects of the reinspections process, including but not limited to USAA, non-USAA, CIRP, reinspection rebuttals, variance reports, etc.
- Supervises personnel, to include partnering with managers to provide feedback for team member performance appraisals, assist with resolution of personnel issues and interviewing and selection process.
- Sets appropriate performance standards for QA auditors and monitors performance to this standard for appropriate feedback.
- Responsible for facilitating employee growth through creation of individual development plans and maintaining career paths with relevant curriculum.
- Monitors assigned work to ensure balanced workload and production and quality standards are met.
- Provides training, coaching and guidance to team members.
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to company policies and goals.
- Monitors / analyzes performance trends for key quality metrics and establish appropriate control measures and communicates this to management.
- Responsible for establishing, developing, enhancing and maintaining a relevant QA methodology within the framework of Estimate Review.
- Responsible for working with supervisors and management on establishing and maintaining all estimate review processes, procedures, documents, etc. related to department quality standards and key job functions.
- Responsible for collaborating with estimate review supervisors, management and training specialists on developing and maintaining on-boarding training curriculum for new department staff.
- Responsible for collaborating with estimate review supervisors, management and training specialist on developing department training using data gathered in the quality assurance process(s).
- Responsible for leading on-boarding training process for new quality assurance staff to include management of training curriculum.
- Responsible for collaborating with training specialist on developing network-training opportunities using data gathered in the QA audit process.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Upholds and projects the public image of the Company.
- Maintains overall knowledge of Contractor Connection business model.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times.
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent in related work experience.
This position may require travel at various times. Must have ability to travel when necessary for meetings, conferences, education, etc
Minimum of two years experience in a supervisory related position
Minimum of six years construction estimating or property adjusting background or related experience.
Advanced understanding and comprehension of multiple network programs, guidelines and requirements.
Advanced understanding of quality assurance processes and procedures.
Advanced understanding of the multiple departments that encompass the Contractor Connection operation.
Advanced understanding of construction materials and installation methods
Advanced understanding of Xactware suite of products
Advanced understanding of Symbility suite of products
Advanced understanding on water mitigation standards (IICRC S500)
Advanced understanding of fire/smoke restoration
Advanced understanding of hazardous material remediation
Advanced understanding of contents handling and cleaning
Advanced understanding of evaluating roof damage i.e. wind and hail
Advanced understanding of construction order of operations
Highly proficient and advanced computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Excel
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Strong time management abilities
Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills
Solid interpersonal skills
Ability to effectively manage and supervise employees
Strong negotiation techniques and use of persuasion
Ability to deal with difficult issues under pressure and provide necessary communication to staff, insurer clients and/or contractors
Excellent listening skills including the ability to listen attentively.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
Must be proactive, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
Commitment to task in a fast-paced environment.
Demonstrates solid interpersonal, customer service and telephone etiquette skills.
Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.